6/21/2005

26 -- preparing for takeoff

Time is ticking down . . .

Tomorrow is my pre-employment health screening (aka drug test).

Thursday and Friday I take the PALS (Pediatric Advanced Life Support) course.

Monday is the beginning of orientation.

And next Friday is my first shift. In the ER. Am I terrified? Well, I've been drinkin', so ask me tomorrow.

I requested nothing for my year's schedule, and got EM for the first rotation. Although this is my chosen field, and I feel most at home in the ER, I would rather have had internal medicine (or something, anesthesia maybe) first. It just takes time to get used to a new hospital, and I would rather have some time to get used to the forms, protocols, patient population, hospital layout, etc. I just don't want the people that I will be working with for the next 3 years (possibly longer) to think that I am an idiot.

Oh, and if you're thinking of going to the hospital, I would wait a few months . . .

1 Comments:

Anonymous joy said...

oh I remember those days.. the anticipation, the worry.. you will adjust.. looking forward to hearing how it went..

9:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Get Firefox! Powered by Blogger Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.